Foothill Funeral & Cremation has Close Ties to the City of Azusa
Once known for having “everything from A to Z in the USA,” the City of Azusa has come a long way since its founding in 1887 and incorporation in 1898:
City of Azusa Facts & Stats
- The name Azusa is said to have been derived from the native American name, Asuksanga
- The first school was built in 1891 of logs and brush in the Upper San Gabriel Valley.
- Current population is approximately 45,000
- The median age of residents is 29.3
- Located in the County of Los Angeles
- Situated 27 miles northeast of Los Angeles
- Nestled against the picturesque San Gabriel Mountain foothills.
- Encompasses 9.13 square miles
- Home to nine public elementary/middle schools, three public high schools, one private school, and one private university.
- A thriving business community
City of Azusa Points of Interest
- Army National Guard
- Azusa City Library
- Azusa Fire Stations
- Azusa Greens Country Club
- Azusa Light & Water
- Azusa Pacific University
- Azusa Police Department
- Azusa Post Office
- Azusa Promenade
- Azusa Public Works
- Azusa Senior Center
- Citrus Community College
- Citrus Crossing
- College Center
- Downtown Azusa Gold Line Station
- Edgewood Center
Upcoming Activities in Azusa 2017
- Azusa Golden Days – Held each October, this annual celebration features a carnival, parade, “Taste of the Town” food booths, and 2k-5k walk/runs.
- Azusa Leaders for Learning – Sponsored by the Azusa Chamber of Commerce, this annual fundraising event for the Azusa Unified School District students will take place this year on March 22 from 6-8:30 p.m. at the Couwami Asian Fusion Restaurant.
- The Azusa Recreation and Family Services Department host highly structured youth and adult sports leagues, specialty-instructional classes, facilities reservation for family and group formal celebrations, parties and picnics and drop-in basketball play at Memorial Park Gymnasium.
- Community Open House – Sponsored by the City of Azusa and the Azusa Police Department, on Sunday March 19, 2017 from 11:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. The community will have the opportunity to meet with safety personnel from Azusa Police Department, LA County Sheriff, LA County Fire, Citizens Emergency Response Team (C.E.R.T.), Azusa Amateur Radio Communication Emergency Services (A.A.C.E.S.) and other safety and city officials and employees. Tours of the police station along with equipment displays, free child finger printing and the opportunity to meet the employees of the Azusa Police Department will be among the highlights of the Open House.
- Outdoor Recreation – Hiking, biking, fishing, and exploring the San Gabriel Mountains
Azusa Board of Directors Member Andrea Batista
While Foothill Funeral & Cremation (FFC) is in the adjacent city of Glendora, owner Manny Godoy and his partner, Rocky Bautista, have called Azusa home since 2013. The new funeral director and community liaison for FFC is Andrea Batista, who is a longtime friend to Manny and Rocky. Additionally, Andrea is a third generation Azusan who previously worked for White’s Funeral
Home in Azusa, as did Manny. She is a member of the Azusa Historical Society, Azusa Women’s Club, and was recently inducted as a board member of the Azusa Chamber of Commerce. Foothill Funeral & Cremation is delighted to have Andrea join their team, as the funeral home provides mortuary products and services to people who live in and along the 210 Corridor. Foothill Funeral & Cremation is the only funeral home to offer pet services.
Centrally located at 402 West Baseline in Glendora, Foothill Funeral & Cremation proudly serves the San Gabriel Valley, San Fernando Valley, Los Angeles Basin, Orange County and the Inland Empire. With years of experience in the mortuary industry, we have worked hard to build a reputation of quality, sincerity and trust. We would be honored to help you at your time of need or in the future. Call today (626) 335-0615 or drop by our showroom.